JETanchor provides a range of new capabilities with two automatic operational modes: 'station keeping' and 'virtual anchor' mode.
The JETanchor positioning system (with a new mouseboat) is an addition to the current blue ARROW features and will allow marine operators the ability to use the new automatic modes for many operational requirements, as well as the existing manual manoeuvring mode.
The JETanchor positioning system will provide operators with benefits including:
- more accurate station keeping than can be done manually
- significant reduction in operator workload
- reduction of crew fatigue and noise levels during standby operations
- reduction of operational crew numbers
- accurate GPS positioning for survey work, ROV deployments and standby work
- reduction in fuel consumption and cost
- improvement in operational safety.
About the Author
Albear is the marketing manager for HamiltonJet, based in New Zealand.More Content by Albear Montocchio